Why should I choose resin bound paving for Nottingham?
Due to the increase in flooding and increased awareness of flood prevention, permeable resin bound pavement has experienced a substantial growth.
Substandard installations are becoming more common as resin bound paving demand has increased. It’s frustrating because this can lead to a negative image for a premium paving product which, when installed correctly and properly, will last over 25.
This product is new, so it’s one the few trades that aren’t governed by a Trade Association or governing body. The Paving Expert website provides independent advice, but there’s no other place to look for information about resin bound pavers.
We revolutionized the concept of clear resin bound pavers for exterior use nearly 22 years ago. Our staff is still just as passionate about the product’s potential and possibilities as Peter, Kevin, and Michael when they started Elite Resin Drives back in 1997.
So here they are – 10 really good reasons to choose resin bound paving…
- It’s permeable. Cold mixing on site ensures every stone piece is covered in resin. This results in a 3D structure. Water can drain through the tiny voids created during the laying process.
- It’s beautiful: it is decorative and resin bound paving can be used for practical and long-lasting purposes.
- It’s weather-resistant. It doesn’t shrink in summer, freeze during winter, or fade under sunlight.
- It is durable and long-lasting. Resin bound paving is an extremely durable surface. Although the guarantees last between 10-21 years, proper installation and maintenance can extend their life expectancy to more than 25.
- It requires very little maintenance. There is no need to weed it or sweep away any loose stones. You can keep it looking new by brushing it regularly and using a power washer occasionally.
- It allows natural filtration. As surface or rain water seeps under the base, a natural process of filtration takes place. This reduces or removes pollutants and impurities from oils and metals.
- It reduces standing water (puddles), which reduces surface water runoff and flash flooding.
- It’s SuDS-compliant (Sustainable urban drainage Systems): This is a water management system that was introduced by Environment Agency to reduce flood risk and improve water quality.
- It reduces heat island effects. Heat islands are caused by hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt, which absorb and store heat. Permeable pavers allow the soil beneath to breathe, which lowers the surface temperature and reduces the heat island effect.
- No need for planning permission. Since 2008, there has been no requirement to apply for planning permission for areas under 5m2 and permeable surfaces.
The traditional paving options are...
- Are impermeable
- Get a more industrial look
- Are not weather resistant
- Functional life is relatively short
- Require more maintenance
- Contribute to flash flooding by creating puddles
- Not SuDS compliant (a water management method introduced by the Environment Agency in order to manage flood risk) and require planning permission.
- Conserve heat and help to create the heat island effect.
Because it offers many advantages over traditional paving stones or gravel, resin bound pavers is becoming a more popular choice to traditional paving. Resin bound paving uses natural aggregates from Europe and Elite Resin Drives’s ultra-stable polyurethane. This resin enhances and preserves the aggregates’ natural beauty. This makes resin bound paving an attractive alternative that can also be tailored to meet your requirements. Elite Resin Drives can offer a variety of colour options for resin bound pavers. This allows you to choose the right colour and texture for your project.
Why is it unique?
Resin bound paving is preferred over other types of paving for many reasons. Here are some examples:
- It’s permeable. This means it is great in rainy weather and doesn’t ‘puddle.
- It looks great. Resin bound pavement can be made to match your home, business or driveway.
- It is practical, durable and versatile. Resin bound paving can be used on a variety surfaces and for different purposes.
- It is resilient to weather changes. It is resistant to freezing in the winter and will not fade under the sun during the summer.
- It can last for over 25 years. That’s a lot of money and long-lasting.
- It doesn’t require any special care or maintenance.
- It has no loose stones and is suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
Resin Bound Pavers are a great choice! Resin bound paving is a great choice for paving. It will make your life much easier and your property look better.
How is resin bound paving made?
It’s a complicated process, but Elite Resin Drives has perfected it.
Our unique cold-mixed process ensures that every stone particle is fully covered in resin, resulting in a 3D matrix with structural stability. This stone mix is composed of natural aggregate, recycled materials and marble.
The strength and endurance of resin bound pavers is dependent on how tightly the stones were packed.
This system blends the natural aggregate, crushed marble, or other recycled materials together with clear resin. Every single one of these tiny stones gets coated with resin. Once the resin binding is complete, the particles are placed on the base.
After the surface is laid, the final depth can range between 12mm and 24mm, depending on the type of stone used and its function. Different depths will be required for driveways or public spaces such as playgrounds.
Did you know?
Elite Resin Drives resin-bound paving comes with a 21-year warranty. It must be installed by either an Elite Resin Drives partner or Elite Resin Drives Approved Installer. We are so confident about the quality of our product that we offer a 21-year guarantee.
- Loose stones
- Oil damage
- Color change
- Frost damage
Questions to know if resin paving is for you?
This article can help you to ask the right questions if you are considering investing in resin paver. It is important to ask the right questions in order to get the information you need. This is a simple way to find out if resin pavers are right for your project.
Let’s say that resin pavers are a great option for many surfaces. It lasts for many years, looks great and can be made in different styles.
Question 1: What is your budget?
Budget is one of many things that people must consider when planning projects such as resurfacing driveways and communal areas. Resin Paving is not the cheapest surface option, so budget is an important consideration. Resin Paving is an attractive, long-lasting and personalisable option.
To find out if resin paving fits within your budget, get a quote. No obligation and free quotes are provided.
Question 2: Are you having problems with planning permission?
Resin paving is not a suitable choice if you are having trouble getting planning permissions for any other type of paving. In fact, the new 2008 government legislation has made it clear that planning permission is not required for any areas less than 5m2 if the surface is permeable. Resin paving does not require planning permission because it is permeable. This is ideal for those who have had issues with resin paving in the past.
Question 3: Have you been having problems with flooding?
Many properties and driveways in the UK suffer from flooding and water damage because of the unpredictable weather. The permeability of resin paving reduces the risk of flooding and water accumulation on surfaces. The laying of resin paving creates tiny voids that allow water to flow through.
Question 4: Do you want to make a long-term investment?
Resin pavers are a smart investment for your driveway and property. Resin Paving can last over 25 years. It is also extremely long-lasting, and offers great value.
Question 5: Do you have time for maintenance?
Resin paving is a great choice if you are short on time and want a flooring/surface that requires minimal maintenance. Many people want something that requires little maintenance and doesn’t need constant care or upkeep. Resin paving may be the right choice for you if you are like this. Elite Resin Drives offers a 21-year guarantee on our Elite Resin Drives resin bound pavers. This guarantee covers any damage to loose stone, cracking or oil damage, softening or colour change, as well as frost damage.